Instagram the photo sharing app recently purchased by Facebook is now a place for Business. Instagram has more than 500 million users, 300 million daily active users, 95 million daily posts and 4.2 billion daily likes according to their official statistics.
In the five months since Instagram stories launch, it has grown considerably. Now, more than 150 million Instagrammers use it daily. And when it comes to stories from businesses, people are highly engaged—with one-third of the most viewed stories coming from businesses.
Happy news! Instagram unveiled two tools that inform ephemeral interaction between people and businesses—stories insights in Business Tools, and full screen ads in stories.
[fbvideo link=”https://www.facebook.com/instagramforbusiness/videos/1008741435921427/” width=”500″ height=”400″ onlyvideo=”1″]
Here are some tips and tricks to make the best story out of your business account:
- Have a goal for the story. Nothing is ever done in business without clear goals.
- Tag popular accounts in your story and they will get notified and reply back.
- Show “Day in the life” of your business
For example universities, schools and venues in general can give a taste of living a day there.
- Make mini articles, It’s a new way to show your editorial content related to how-to articles or any topic.
- Links don’t work within stories unless you get verified. We expect that this will be rolled out to all users soon
- Post a teaser for upcoming live broadcast from an event for example.
- Show your product and intimidate people to take action and buy it by showing them how to use it or involving them to make their own stories with your brand.